What We Believe
Concho holds the following statement of faith as being a summary of Christian doctrine whose authority consists only in its agreement and harmony with the Word of God. A full statement of faith can be requested in person or by email. Concho Baptist Church is an Independent Baptist Church that believes:
We hope you'll join us at our next service and we look forward to meeting you. Attending a new church can be intimidating and we want to make you as at ease as possible. We encourage you to arrive early to look around the building, get acquainted with others, locate the nursery and classrooms for your children, and find a good seat in our new and updated Sanctuary.
Our greeters are at the door as you enter and are eager to help you in any way possible.
Please stop by the Welcome Center for more church information, upcoming events and sermon recordings.
Vision at Concho
Here at Concho, we have experienced God do amazing things and have high expectations every service that God will move hearts. The love, cooperation, and compassion in our church and for our city keeps us moving forward. Our vision is to continue spreading the hope of the Gospel through Coleman, Texas, the U.S., and to the World.
South Coleman Baptist Church was formed in 1927 and located at the corner of 11th & Pecos. In 1954, after a move to Concho Street, the name changed to Concho Baptist Church. By 1956, the church completed the current facility on 10th and Concho. For 93 years, Concho has been reaching out to Coleman and Coleman County with Christ's message of love & Salvation.
What to Expect
We are a traditional church with a modern vision. Concho Baptist is made up of good folk. Many you probably know from around town and Coleman County. We love the Lord and each other. When you come to Concho, expect to be greeted by handshakes, smiles, and even some hugs. The ministry of the Word of God is the focus of every service. You'll find in all our classes and services that we have the Love of Christ, God’s Word, and Bible Doctrine.
God has blessed us with an updated Sanctuary and we are very proud of what He has given us.
Our "Family Time Fellowship Hall" houses our youth & kids classes. The fellowship hall, along with exterior renovations, was remodeled in the Summer of 2020. We still have more updates to do in the future as God blesses. Below are pictures of the completed Sanctuary remodel!
1. Realize God Loves You: John 3:16- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
2. Admit You are a Sinner: Romans 3:23- "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
3. Recognize Your Sin Has a Price: Romans 6:23- "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
4. Jesus Paid that Price: 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 - "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"
5. Ask God to Save You From Your Sin: Romans 10:9- "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."